A message from Ireland Chauffeur Travel
We understand flexibility is now a key factor when booking a holiday and we are committed to supporting our clients – past, present and future – to achieve this when travelling with Ireland Chauffeur Travel.
The terms of our new “Book with Confidence Policy” are amongst the most generous in the travel industry and we hope they will give you the confidence, when you feel ready, to book your vacation to the Emerald Isle.
We hope you receive further reassurance by knowing that clients who were due to travel to Ireland or Scotland with us this year, but were unable to do so, were facilitated to postpone and rebook their tour within the next two years without incurring any additional re-design or re-booking charge.
Our Book with Confidence Policy includes the following terms:
- Flexible dates: Clients can change the date of their tour anytime before 30 days of departure for any future date, with no charge.
- Flexible private groups: All participant names on bookings can be changed.
- Lifetime deposits: All Booking Fees are treated as Lifetime Deposits. This means your Booking Fee, which covers the cost of your Travel Advisor planning your cherished trip, has a lifetime guarantee. These deposits can also be transferred as a gift voucher to a loved one.
Our team has completed the Government-endorsed COVID-19 Safety Charter demonstrating we can operate safely. We own our own fleet of Mercedes and Range Rover vehicles, which ensures we can implement our industry-leading Health, Hygiene & Safety Protocols, to the highest level.
This year, we are proud to have built a portfolio of luxury private rental properties for the ultimate private luxury retreat. These properties match the high standards of service and hospitality our clients enjoy in five-star properties around Ireland. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you in more detail.
Anyone who has travelled with us in the past will know that a key pillar of our private travel approach is supporting local tourism providers. This means our clients benefit from a rich and immersive experience by meeting the creative and inspiring tourism entrepreneurs who bring Ireland to life. It also ensures that we add value to local economies and communities.We have enhanced this portfolio of authentic and unique experiences to ensure we can now offer unique and special experiences privately.
Out team are always here for you to ensure you enjoy every step of your journey, safe in the knowledge there is a professional at the wheel in every sense.
Slán go fóill,
Shane, Orla & all the team
The team are always available by email, on +353 62 67051 or Toll Free from the USA on 1800 329 9138 using the following extension numbers: Michelle 100; Joe 101; Alison 105; Alma 106; Shane 107.
Ireland’s National Entry Requirements
Ireland began welcoming international visitors (including visitors from the US) on July 19, with no travel-related testing or quarantine required for those who are fully vaccinated.
Inbound visitors who aren’t fully immunized or do not have proof of vaccination will need to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival in the Republic of Ireland, self-quarantine for 14 days following entry into the country and also undergo post-arrival testing, provided by Ireland’s national health service.
Children under the age of 12 are not yet eligible for vaccination in the U.S. and will also be exempt from the pre-travel PCR testing requirement. However, those between the ages of 12 and 17 must have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival to enter Ireland, even if they’re traveling with fully vaccinated or recovered adults.
Prior to arrival, all travelers must complete a Passenger Locator Form, which their airline will check prior to their departure for Ireland. At that time, they may also be asked to produce the vaccination certificate, if they’ve indicated on their form that they are vaccinated.
Once passengers have landed in Ireland, airport officials will perform spot-check verifications of visitors’ proof of vaccination or negative PCR test results, as applicable. These additional safety checks may cause delays or potentially disrupt travelers’ plans, so travelers should allow themselves some extra time on either side of their departure or arrival.
Covid-19 Safety Charter
We are proud to confirm the Ireland Chauffeur Travel team has completed the Covid-19 Safety Charter.
What is the Covid-19 Safety Charter?
The COVID-19 Safety Charter is a Government-endorsed initiative and once undertaken, it demonstrates to domestic and overseas visitors that a business can continue to operate safely. The aim of the initiative is to reinforce confidence in responsible tourism businesses. We were signed up and were approved in the first week of the roll-out of the initiative.
In signing up to this charter, we are demonstrating our commitment to the health and safety of clients and staff and agree to the following:
- All staff have completed hygiene and safety control training.
- We agree to be subject to being spot-checked by authorities.
- We follow all recommended cleaning and safety guidelines.
In addition, Ireland Chauffeur Travel has industry leading protocols in place which are detailed below.
Ireland Chauffeur Travel Covid-19 Protocols, 2021
The safety and duty of care of our guests, staff and local community is our priority at all times and we are closely monitoring and responding to all industry advice around all aspects of travel and tourism. With your safety in mind, we have implemented the following procedures with immediate effect:
- At Ireland Chauffeur Travel, we own our own fleet of Mercedes vehicles, which ensures we can implement our strict Health, Hygiene & Safety Policy to the highest level.
- Prior to and on conclusion of each tour, vehicles will be thoroughly sanitized both exterior and interior. All key touchpoints have been mapped and will be sanitized throughout touring.
- Your Driver Guide will wear a mask at all times in the vehicle and refrain from greeting guests with a handshake at this time.
- All of our fleet have state-of-the art automotive air-conditioning systems and all will be programmed not to re-circulate air within the vehicle.
- Hand sanitizers will be supplied for Driver Guides and guests for use each time they enter the vehicle.
- All staff have signed a company agreement to adhere to social distancing and safe practises outside of work hours.
- All Driver Guides will be temperature checked for one week prior to a tour and daily while on tour. Temperature checks are available for all guests.
- Our model for private guided touring ensures guests will not spend prolonged periods in-vehicle. This will continue during this time with stop-offs at least every 90 minutes.
- We request that guests remain in the same seat for the duration of their tour.
- Driver Guides will log all journey stops and log the contacts for any people guests are in contact with while on tour with them. These records will be kept for at least 28 days as requested by national authorities and in line with GDPR.
- When guiding on-site, our Driver Guides will implement social distancing rules with all guests and/or other tourists.
- No food or drink may be consumed on board the vehicle with the exception of bottled eco-spring water supplied with our compliments.
- If you have travelled to Ireland from a country that is not on the Ireland’s Covid-19 Green List (which can be found here), we ask that you have restricted your movements for 14 days prior to touring with us, unless you are using our services for transport-only to your place of quarantine by arrangement with the office.
In line with July 2021 guidance from Failte Ireland, we ask clients to agree to the following terms before their arrival.
- Agreement not to travel if showing symptoms of Covid-19
- Agreement to immediately advise their Driver Guide if they are feeling unwell while on the tour
- Agreement to comply with all COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place (protocols and restrictive measures may vary depending on the specific Public Health advice)
- Commitment to bring their own hand sanitiser and an adequate supply of face coverings for the duration of the tour
- Confirmation that they have adequate travel or health insurance in place
- Confirmation that if they do not have adequate travel or health insurance in place, you agree to cover all incurred costs
All protocols were designed in line with advice from national and global health, tourism and transport bodies.